Yarışmaya son başvuru tarihi 4 Aralık 2011.
Tempo is an iconic brand in Europe that has paved the way in hygiene standards with tissues for the past 80 years. Commencing with hanky packs or pocket packs, Tempo changed our behaviour in personal care. Now with the Tempo box we are looking to do the same. We are looking for creative ideas that can make a difference to the current tissue box market. Your new pack design will need address the challenges of the category that make the tissue box more appealing to have on display in the home. Currently the box offerings are too big, bulky and ugly to appeal to the senses of most European buyers.
High usage situations for the tissue box are in the bathroom, kitchen, living room, bedroom and the car. Size and ease of use are important factors for success. So too is the visual appeal of the graphic design on the box itself.
Therefore in addition to the pack design, you will need to assure the consumers of Tempo quality inside with a focus on the graphic design, incorporating the TEMPO branding.
Don’t forget about where the purchase occurs also. The consideration to trial the product will start with the visual appeal on the supermarket shelf.
Your starting point is the current standard TEMPO box –which is cube or rectangular shaped. Gives us your views on the ideal box dimensions and structural design, which means you are given the freedom to create an entirely new shape for the TEMPO box.
However take product availability and ease of use into account: the tissues in your pack still need to be interfolded. As one tissue is taken out, the next tissue needs to pop-out automatically. One hand usage remains a key benefit for the consumer. You are not allowed to change the dimensions or design of the tissues as such.
As mentioned, the TEMPO tissue box is mostly used in households, in places like the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, livingroom and even in the car. Similar to design tastes there are many different wishes, some people prefer tissue boxes to blend in while others like a visual statement. Regardless of whether the graphic design blends to the surroundings or makes a statement, the consumer should be proud to put your design on their coffee table or the kitchen bench.
Do not limit your creativity to one design, you might even consider to develop a whole range of promotional pack designs. It is of course important that you incorporate the TEMPO branding in your design.
The current TEMPO box is made of cardboard. You are free to choose any material, as long as you keep the sustainability aspect in mind. The box needs to be fully recyclable which implies a preference for paper based materials. Cost and ease of production are also considered as important factors.
Think beyond the primary pack
1. Do not only look at the primary packaging but also think about the secondary packaging.
2. Your new pack design, in combination with the secondary packaging, should be able to fulfil all functionalities such as transport, protection and bundling through the entire supply chain, and attracting the end-consumer in-store.
3. Think also about the recycling & reuse of materials.
Judging criteria (in order of importance)
Consumer experience: (structure and graphics)
1. Effectiveness of addressing the barriers (too big, too bulky, too ugly)
2. Relevance. Ease and convenience of usage in the home
3. Graphic design which considers the usage locations
4. Overall design that considers where the purchase occurs
5. Link to the Tempo brand
Level of novelty:
6. Unique and differentiated. What sets your proposal apart from the rest.
7. Changes the reference for the category
8. Choice of packaging material
9. Amount of packaging
10. Ease of disposal and recycling
11. Can it be taken into production – Can this be the tissue box of 2015?
Artwork submission of your concept
All material needs to be in English.
You will provide us with your full contact details: full name, email, telephone number, address, & country, age and curriculum details (university or school and study programme).
Pitch your idea and convince the jury with your creative and conceptual work. Use the provided PowerPoint template “DC-03-TEMPO-YOUR-PROJECT-NAME.ppt” to visualise your artwork and present it the jury.
You are also allowed to make use of new media to support your concept:
Design Challenge community: http://scapackagingdesignchallenge.ning.com/
Fan pages: http://www.facebook.com/sca.design.challenge
For Deliverable 1 & 2 you have to make use of the provided template that can be supported by video.
• Save your concept as “DC-03-TEMPO-YOUR-PROJECT-NAME.ppt
• Maximum 12 slides
• Maximum 5 MB
• Maximum length of 3 minutes
• Maximum size of 50 MB
• File types allowed are: mp4/ avi/ flv/ mpg/ swf/ wmv
Latest by Sunday 4th of December 2011 you have to send all your artwork to [email protected]