Avrupa Parlamentosu, Brüksel'deki ana binası olan Paul-Henri SPAAK Binası'nın yenilenmesi için sınırlı uluslararası tek aşamalı tasarım yarışması başlattı. Son başvuru tarihi 9 Temmuz.
Yarışmanın amacı, projenin farklı hedefleri arasında en iyi dengeye ulaşan konsepti seçmek ve tasarımı gerçekleştirmek için en iyi planlama ekibini seçmek. Projenin genel stratejik amacı, sosyal ve çevresel sürdürülebilirliğe odaklanarak binanın sürdürülebilirliğini arttırmak.
This procedure involves a process in two steps:
The pre-qualification: an open pre-qualification procedure for the selection of competitors among candidates;
During this step, the European Parliament will shortlist candidates (groups of architects, as lead members, together with structural engineers and environmental experts) based on objective criteria assessing their professional capacities in light of the scope of the design competition.
The design competition: a restricted international single stage design competition conducted according to the UNESCO Standard Regulations for International Competitions in Architecture and Town Planning and the UIA (International Union of Architects) best practice recommendations.
At the end of the pre-qualification procedure, the shortlisted candidates (hereinafter ‘the competitors’) will be invited to submit their design proposals in the design competition, which will be presented to the jury responsible for evaluating and ranking them and determining the winning design proposal. The jury will submit to the European Parliament the list of prize winners and its report for further commissioning and recommendations for the further development following the competition.
Anonymity of the candidates during the assessment of the projects by the jury is fundamental and shall be guaranteed by the following rules:
(a) All documents and items submitted by the candidates for the purpose of the design competition must be submitted in an anonymous format. Details for respective requirements will be provided in the competition brief documents;
(b) An independent body is charged with taking the necessary measures to safeguard the anonymity of the candidates;
(c) The jury will be informed of entries which are not compliant with the anonymity requirements.
The endorsement by the Union Internationale des Architectes (UIA). www.uia-architectes.org is pending.
The jury will comprise 11 jurors with vote:
• Rainer Wieland, Vice-President of the European Parliament
• Pedro Silva Pereira, Vice-President of the European Parliament
• Rudy Vervoort, Minister-President of the Brussels-Capital Region
• Bety Waknine, Head of the Brussels Planning and Heritage Regional Public Service
• Prof. Marilyne Andersen, Physicist and Environmental specialist, Lausanne, Switzerland
• Kristiaan Borret, Urban Planner, BouwMeester Architect of the Brussels-Capital Region
• Manuelle Gautrand, Architect, Paris, France
• Dorte Mandrup, Architect, Copenhagen, Denmark
• Carme Pigem, Architect, Olot, Spain
• Kazuyo Sejima, Architect, Tokyo, Japan
• Dimitri Tenezakis, Architect, Head of Luxembourg and Strasbourg Major Construction Projects Unit – DG INLO – European Parliament
Alternate general jurors:
• Dita Charanzová, Vice-President of the European Parliament
• Heidi Hautala, Vice-President of the European Parliament
• Alain Hutchinson, European Commissioner of the Brussels Capital Region
• Thibaut Jossart, Director at the Brussels Planning and Heritage Regional Public Service
Alternate architectural jurors:
• Romain Poulles, Engineer, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
• Anna Przybyl, Architect, Head of the Building projects Unit in Strasbourg, – DG INLO – European Parliament
• Prof. Volker Staab, Architect, Berlin, Germany
• Lisa de Visscher, Architect, Editor in chief of A+ magazine, Brussels, Belgium
Prizes and remuneration
Each competitor having participated in the design competition by submitting a complete design project in compliance with the competition rules, will be granted the amount of EUR 75,000, excluding VAT, against receipt of an invoice in full and final settlement, as compensation for the expenses incurred.
The jury will choose 5 laureates among the submitted design concepts, and will award prizes among them. The total prize money will amount to EUR 400,000 excluding VAT.
The prizes will be the following :
• 1st prize: EUR 120,000
• 2nd prize: EUR 100,000
• 3rd prize: EUR 80,000
• 4th prize: EUR 60,000
• 5th prize: EUR 40,000